Thursday, February 7, 2008

Freecycle, baby!! Just do it!!!



"The Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,238 groups with 4,455,000 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Membership is free. "
~Freecycle.org


It may be my latent hippie tendencies talkin' here, but wow, I think this Freecycling thing is the coolest.

I have tons of crap I don't want anymore. Yet I yearn for more crap.

Freecycling is the answer to all my problems - especially because there is this element of "winning" the item - it's first come / first serve.

I like to feel like a winner. Those moments are few and far between.

I have a crapload of kids books, an extra set of plates and bowls and some cd racks (perfect example of an object that has lost its appeal - thanks mp3s!!) and they are all going to make their way to Freecycle.

I just found out about this thing Monday and already I got a flute out of the deal. And I'm waiting to find out if I was first to ask for the cast-iron chicken fryer with a glass lid.

I really need a cast-iron chicken fryer. I didn't know that about myself until this morning - but thanks to Freecycle my need for a cast-iron chicken fryer has become abundantly clear - like the accompanying glass lid.

If you are interested - just google freecycle - there are lots of groups all over the country.

Heck - they are even doing it in Canada - its just that good.



No comments: