Thursday, January 24, 2008

Whistling should be outlawed in the workplace



Just as smoking in public places is frowned upon - I believe whistling with total disregard to those around you should be punishable by fine.


It may be that I woke up 2 hours early to get to work for product testing - or maybe that my monthly cycle has hit its hormonal stretch - I can't be sure - but if this guy doesn't stop whistling the same six notes from the chorus of his favorite top 40 song - I will have to kill him.


I wish I were joking.


I also wish I were home in bed watching bad daytime television - but then I have a tendency to aim high when it comes to personal goals.


I'll just screw around on the net until lunch time.


That's an attainable goal.


Great - he's moved on to nursery rhymes. Please kill me.



-EDIT-
It looks like someone else feels the same way I do - although if this were my cartoon there would be a lot more carnage.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi -- I couldnt agree more....I usually dont post comments on blogs, but Ive been suffering with a recent move in our building that shuffled staff around.

Im about 20 feet away from someone that whistles all day long, oblivious to people around him.

Its been 6 months, my MP3 player is my only sancuary.

Ive been trying to just "put up with it" as if I go over and say something, Im sure I'll be tagged as the non-teamplayer.

But my job involves deep concentration, and the ability to juggle several situations at once.

His job involves screwin nuts into a chassis.

Whistling is a fine thing for people in his position, where the mental distraction doesnt directly impact the task at hand.

But for me, it can really be a pain.

Melissa said...

Thank you for the comment.
I am sorry for your current predicament, and I feel your pain.

As for my whistler - he is gone. Victim of a "cut-back" as they call them.

Perhaps it was his lackadasickal approach to timely arrival, his resonating laugh (think The Count from Sesame Street), or his inability to organize his time that led to his departure.

I prefer to believe it was his whistling.

As for your offender . . .
I suggest you offer him crackers to snack upon.

Good luck.

M

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.